In South Africa, the National Building Regulations (SANS 10400-XA: Energy Usage in Buildings) makes it compulsory for all new buildings to be insulated as of November 2011.
A traditional pitched roof allows for good water drainage. However, when it comes to flat roofing, water build-up on the roofing itself is a normal structural issue.
Seamless, Durable Roof Waterproofing
If there are any flaws in the sealing membranes present on a roof, heavy rains will cause pooling, and in turn the weight thereof causes the roof to leak.
Flat roofs are one of the most difficult roofing structures to waterproof and require a robust roof sealer or roof membrane.
During the last few decades sprayed polyurethane foam roofing has grown in popularity and become one of the flat and low slope waterproofing products of choice for environmentally conscious consumers. This is because it is easily maintainable and has an enormous lifespan, saving you on rebuilds and other harmful environmental waste.
Polyurethane foam easily supports the weight of water pooling on your flat roof by providing a seamless waterproof membrane and has an unmatched ease of application.
Guarantee your Roofing System
Foam insulation can guarantee your roofing system with a lifespan of more than 20 years of high performance with very little maintenance.
That same roofing system will provide improved energy efficiency, the industry's best severe weather resistance and the lowest cost for the length of its lifespan due to its tenacity.
No building or structural changes need to be made in order to install an insulation foam roofing system and it can be applied to virtually any surface, retrofitting your existing structure and improving upon its structural integrity.
Specially formulated chemicals are mixed together in a unique spray gun. The mixing turns the liquid to foam, which then expands to many times its original size. It then settles as one seamless waterproofing material and takes 24 hours to fully harden and form insulation.
Benefits of using Polyurethane Foam for Flat Roof Waterproofing
- The foam is composed of two components: isocyanate and polyol;
- Provides 20 to 30 years of low-maintenance, leak-free performance;
- Install directly to existing surfaces in almost all situations, reducing costs and waste;
- SPF surfacing can be applied to the foam to provide protection from the elements;
- Superior insulation properties and energy efficiency;
- Provides the highest wind uplift and severe hail resistance in the industry;
- Is sustainable through re-coating;
- SPF roofing is a roofing system that can only be applied directly to an existing roof structure, in other words, it cannot be a standalone system.
Spray Foam Solutions - Polyurethane Foam Insulation Port Elizabeth
Spray Foam Solutions are based in Port Elizabeth but provide waterproofing services as far afield as Cape Town, as well as Kokstad in the Eastern Cape.
For more information about our insulation services, please contact us.